Sunday, February 19, 2012

kind to myself, kind to others

Accepting the harrowing colours,
the reality that tips on its very own axis.
Aching for the void that can never be filled,
longing to see through the abysmal, the disgraced.

Bound by the infinite ropes of regret,
held tightly by servitude, a twisted sense of duty.
Fighting to loosen the grip to catch solid ground.
To feel peace.

Falling on unkindly words.
Hoping there is reason in hurt.
Running aimless towards a common goal,
Hiding senseless from the unending cold.

These souls torture me, these souls burn.
Some words help me, some words kill.
The past haunts me, the future stays behind.
You bend me, I am still, blind.

Creation is a chore, uninspired these lives remain.
Chimes rang through the river.
I was unable to speak or follow.
You took what was left.

Oftentimes kindness is mistaken for weakness,
Braveness for meekness, loveliness for sincerity.
Then kindness leaves me, only to pair with you.

Now it’s empty, broken like a fool.

No comments: