Monday, August 09, 2010

The Rock and The Tide

Gently, like a velvet drape, comes the water

Covers the motionless back.

Foamy and mysterious, bubbles that play on the rough surface

Of the rock.

The moon is master of all living at sea.

Curious though the eyes may be

Never can they fully see the impeccable beauty

Of the tide.

I am the rock and the tide.

I cannot leave now

I move back and forth between that which I know

The sand and the moon.

They have made friends,

This rock and this tide.

Distant lovers even, hungry for a forbidden sight.

Now hoping for water, for life.

Endless my love, my fear.

Colourless in a world underwater.

Washing the rock smooth, each echoing sound

Rings the distant bellows of the tide.

The lonesome rock awaits its tide.

Patient and pleading, the water arrives.

Gently it covers the rugged back

Of the lovely rock, this, your lovely tide.

Always in motion,

No rest, not even for an instant.

Always accepting the pull of time

Away from the lingering life.

The rock leaps in dreams.

The tide stays staring at the moon for hours.

In each others’ arms is where they fall.

Fall into love of the unmovable kind.

No comments: