Saturday, May 17, 2008

My salvation lies in your love.

There’s lightness to forgiveness. An airlyness that sends the soul carelessly floating at the exact moment the words I forgive you plunge from the mouth. These unimpressive collection of letters, anchors that kept the soul bound to the abyss for an eternity, now all of a sudden are freed and with it, the soul roams.

This is how I feel. But an incredible weight still holds me down.

That’s your face, your ways.

There’s a real threat I won’t survive this. I scare myself. I wish for days gone past. I drink to your health and know, so truly know, that all that we have become would never be enough for our two. It would be something doomed to break, like a dry twig, snap. I’m firmly rooted, you’re boundless. I’m greyscale, you’re Technicolor. There’s an ocean of ideas between us and none concern the present. I’m hanging between my greatest fears and dearest hopes.

You’re free, I’m still locked in your memory.
I stay, you leave.
But know that for however long it may take,
my salvation lies in your love that's past and in your love that's present.

No comments: