Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I’m learning to love these words fully

As if it was some heavy duty physical work, I roll my sleeves up and sit with abdominal muscles tight, waiting on an idea. I can hear the mischievous, mocking laughter. I can hear in the distance a tone that aims to discourage at all possible angles. I throw my toxin ridden body between the timid frailty of the unspoken words hiding in the dark and the power which aims to sweep across the mind the size of a continent. I try to hold back the centrifugal force to let the shy sincere thought venture outwards from within. The ability to tame the magnificent and nurture the weak is a task set before hardly pardoning the coy.

I know these things should be heard. Ringing clear everywhere but in my head, I still try to carefully choose every instant to have meaning. But the burden, I wish for only a beautiful man to see. Please let me try one more time. With almost unblemished certainty I can say that I know now where I went wrong. I know why you never enjoyed the words that laid themselves bare in front of you. Would you be more comfortable with simpler ideas? Allow me to untie the knots that appear in every paragraph. Stand firm so the muddled confusion does not turn your attention towards the chaos but rather more vigorously attains the notion inside you that reading is eventually beneficial. Pay no heed to words that are used as calligraphy to decorate the page. They make lustrous figures surface whilst covering the void of an idea.

Tonight, I can see the stars. Not a well lit sky, but enough to spot Jupiter or Mars. But I understand if you would rather not be reminded tonight of the vulnerability, the uncanny disarray that shows itself evident. I rest my useless pen for the night. I will try to shine less light on me and withdraw towards the back. I will try to build a pedestal for words which will celebrate ideas and not one failing creator’s excessive need to bask in unwilling glory. I may succeed. I may even succeed.

I’m learning to love these words fully.

No comments: