Friday, December 08, 2006

What’s a boy to do?

Let’s try jumping into the unknown at the same time. Let’s try to thrust ourselves down from the top of a building, you holding my hand. If we have each other the fall might not be so horrific, but only if you’ll hold me. Have me.

Here’s the whole of me, the hidden parts are meant to make you fall in love with me. What you see not will once make me who I am to you. Just hold me and make me see. If the fog clears up, I will find myself holding you, staring into your mischievous eyes, placing all my hopes in the palm of your hands. Take very good care of them.

The pages will read: he makes me silent. He makes my world and my all, still. What I need is his touch and everything else falls into place or mysteriously falls apart. I cannot tell where I end. I cannot tell if this love is what makes sense to me. What’s a boy to do when the girl knows not what she has to know? He makes me silent. He makes me still.

I could love you, I could love you well. I shudder when you walk past me. Did you see me? How much more can my weak and lonely heart take? Why does it always find the boy who never intended to care? It gets itself into so much trouble and pain and silly heart never is the wiser for the mayhem it creates. But you? You could be the one to save it from drowning. Look at me, just smile at me. Sit beside me. Hug me. Be like you always are and I’ll dream on while you play with my hair. Let only these four walls know that I secretly have given my heart to you.

If in the silence and stillness you can see who I am, then come and love me.

What's a boy to do with a girl like me?

No comments: